Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Andrew Lippa Is UNBREAKABLE With His Latest .



The first time that I met Tony© and Grammy© Award nominated, composer/lyricist, Andrew Lippa, it was just before the Broadway Opening of BIG FISH.  It was my first big, national, solo, radio "show" at Sirius XM.   I was then introduced to 2-time Tony© Award nominee and personal diva, Kate Baldwin( go see her in SUPERHERO) and 6-time Tony© Award winning Costume Designer, William Ivey Long.   

In that interview, along with book and screenwriter, John August, Mr. Lippa and I talked about the relationship between fathers and sons, and we shared a mutual moment about the loss of our own fathers.  I think it caught us all of guard, and I have never really forgotten that moment. You can only imagine how excited I am now to talk to him again about his latest project with Ghostlight Records, UNBREAKABLE.  This piece, featuring the San Francisco's Gay Men's Chorus, explores some of the major events and a few often forgotten heroes of LGBTQ History.  He admits to being inspired by August Wilson's use of his decade by decade cycle of storytelling.  We talk about his show and so much more.  Please enjoy my conversation with the absolutely fabulous, Andrew Lippa.   Scroll down further and you can revisit the first time Andrew and I met, too.





The first time we met. From L to R: Andrew Lippa,  Me, and John August

Here's an excerpt from my first ever solo radio broadcast.


SUBSCRIBE FREE to KEITH PRICE'S CURTAIN CALL on Itunes and Google Play Music,  YOU TUBE and leave a review.  Click the image below to Support Keith Price's Curtain Call Podcast.  Also visit me on Broadway World's Featured Podcast Page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment