Friday, March 8, 2019

FOSSE/VERDON- OMG!!





Like many theater fans, I plotzed when I saw that FX just released a new trailer for its upcoming Fosse/Verdon miniseries. It takes viewers behind the glitz and glamour of Broadway power couple Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon to show their first interactions, her work with him behind the scenes, and the creation of Liza Minnelli's iconic "Mein Herr" costume in Cabaret.

The series, starring Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams, will premiere April 9.  The source material on which the limited series is based, is the biography,  FOSSE,  by Sam Wasson.  Not to toot my own horn, but in my former work life, I actually interviewed Sam for that very book (Beep, Beep) .  I said it then, and I'll say it again, it really is one of the most comprehensive biographies on Bob Fosse.   I loved every page of it.  Do yourself a favor and check out the book and my vintage interview from my old place.



No comments:

Post a Comment