Sunday, March 19, 2017

Top 20 Most Popular Episodes in Year 1 #11: Rema Webb





The countdown to the number one spot on Keith Price's Curtain Call Top 20 Most Popular Episodes in Year 1, continues on to the Number 11 spot.  It features another one of my favorite people performing on Broadway today, Ms. Rema Webb.  My first introduction to Ms Rema, was during her HUGE solo number in Act 2 in the brief running show VIOLET.  Her gospel powered vocals made me sit right up in my seat and take notice.  I connected with her on Facebook, and then maintained my fan boy/showtune queen/theater reporter balancing act.  She then brought her powerhouse vocals to an Encores Performance of William Finn's A New Brain .  Again, I was BLOWN away with her powerful vocals.  However, I was not ready for her when she hit the scene in the recently closed 2016 Tony Award Winning Best Revival Musical and 2017 Grammy Award Winning Cast Recording, The Color Purple .   I finally got my chance to sit down with her, and I know that I made a friend.  I am glad that many people that enjoy this podcast liked her, too.  Click Here to hear my conversation with the amazing Rema Webb. Rumor has it that she is working right now in the Lion King and may soon be leaving for a land of Margaritas.  Stay Tuned.

Subscribe to Keith Price's Curtain Call now available on ItunesGoogle Play MusicSoundcloudMixcloud, and LibSyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment